Do you want to learn SEO and advance your career? Brush up on the basics of SEO with this free and in-depth course from SEMrush favourite Greg Gifford. Get SEO certified from SEMrush for free.
SEMrush SEO certificate course content
In this free online course, you’ll learn:
- Search engine basics: Learn SEO basics as Greg takes you through the inner workings of search engines. How do they determine where a given website is going to be placed on the results page? Where is the best page placement? Learn the answers to these questions and many more.
- Technical SEO: Dive a little deeper into SEO fundamentals as you learn more about some of the basic technical aspects of how search engines interact with websites. Learn how to diagnose problems with a site and make adjustments to rank higher. This module includes tips on basic SEO analysis.
- Link signals: Greg gets you up to speed on the ins and outs of earning relevant links to your website. You’ll learn why not all links are good links, and how to analyze your links and utilize anchor text to your advantage. This is a basic SEO strategy that you’ll want to develop as you build your site.
- On-page signals: Among the SEO basics, you’ll find on-page optimization to be of key importance. Learn how to do keyword research, write and optimize content, what key on-page elements are, and more. These important concepts are basic SEO techniques that help to improve the ranking and conversion rate of websites.
- SEO for mobile: To create the best user experience, websites must work flawlessly on smartphones and tablets. With more searches now being done on mobile, a basic SEO strategy for mobile is essential. Greg walks you through responsive website design, and why a website is invisible in search results without it.
- Other ranking signals: As your basic SEO knowledge grows, you will want to recognize other important signals which influence ranking placement on search engines. Here you’ll learn additional basic SEO techniques for best results.
- International SEO: There is more than one basic SEO strategy that’s critical to the success of International SEO. In this module, Greg explains how to help search engines easily identify the countries and languages you are targeting, and rank prominently on International search engine results pages.
- Local SEO: One of the basic SEO questions most often asked is how to rank high in local searches. Learn how content is king in the quest to attract local traffic to a website, and what the other factors are for local SEO success. This is a basic SEO strategy anyone looking for great placement must know.
SEMrush SEO Certification Exam
After completing the course, you’ll have all the necessary knowledge to take and pass the SEO Fundamentals Exam and get certified for free.
If you’re already a decent SEO specialist, you can bypass the educational part and test your skills right away by taking the exam. Upon passing it, you’ll earn a certificate, which is a proof of your SEO mastery.
Take this exam if you’re a digital marketer with a decent knowledge of SEO and want to check and document your SEO skills.
Benefits to you
- This exam is absolutely free. You don’t have to pay a dime.
- Put your knowledge to the test, identify your strengths, and find your weak spots.
- You can retake the exam as many times as you like.
- Pass the exam and enrich your CV and LinkedIn profile with the earned certificate.