The Coca-Cola Company recruits a Global Commercial Manager Appletiser
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa – ZAF
Job type: Full time
Availaibility: November 28- 2018
This role supports the Global Commercial Lead for Appletiser in implementing commercial execution growth pillars with a 50% focus on SEABU and 50% Global Appletiser business. This role is responsible to drive Appletiser commercial performance in current markets & support global expansion. The role will also be accountable for overall business results & responsible to manage commercial metrics dashboards to provide commercial analysis and reports.
Function Specific Activities:
List the duties in order of importance:
- Support the SAF team in developing commercial plans to drive Appletiser performance; including ensuring tracking and measurement of performance and plans and course correction when necessary
- Support ECAF team in developing commercial plans to drive Appletiser performance; including ensuring tracking and measurement of performance and plans and course correction when necessary
- Support global expansion priorities for Appletiser
- Appletiser global performance tracking and reporting including BP consolidation and tracking
- Channel development guidelines for key channels (On Premise and Grocery)
- Define RGM principles that support the value growth of Appletiser globally including premium pricing guidelines and pack architecture
- Analyse sales, marketing, finance and other reports to gain insights into how to improve performance and maximise growth and develop viable commercial solutions
- Attend country status meeting and country visits as agreed with Global Commercial Lead to support business development
- Communicate across all business units and bottlers globally with the relevant commercial and marketing resources in those BU’s and Bottlers to align on status, opportunities and plans
- Alignment with Global Appletiser Maketing and Technical / R&D resources
- Be able to facilitate discussions between between SEABU Finance and BU finance
- Need to develop a value equation and clearly communicate to engage bottler to collaborate in capability evolution. Some hard discussions are expected as currently bottler is accountable for capability development with low KO input.
- Ensure SAF, ECAF and SEABU strategic big bets deployment through correct commercial capabilities integration and keep track of evolution.
- Ensure balance between SEABU and Global priorities and work output
- Analysis of system profitability based on agreed value chains and CSE’s in conjunction with discussions with the relevant BU’s and markets
- Pack and pricing alignment discussions with relevant BU’s and Finance teams
- OBPPC architecture assessments
- Launch plan proposals focused on key channels and customers supported by relavant RTM
- KO and Bottler DME availability
- System resourcing against the brand in country to ensure support to launch and drive the Appletiser business
- Have a full undertstanding of shopper, market, customer insights to develop strategy and to define long term trends and opportunity/risk
- Developing bespoke Appletiser Commercial toolkits with granular detail on execution elements based on insights and trends
- Judgment and Decision Making
Innovation : List duties for creating/changing processes, systems, products. Indicate this job’s responsibility for creating or changing processes, systems or products. Be specific. Innovation is not limited to R&D.
- RTM and supply point assessments to support global expansion
- Pack architecture opportunities to support revenue realization
- Customer and shopper innovations
- Holistic Understanding of the KO system. Strategic and structured mindset but identifies and address operational and technical constraints and market impact per category per channel.
- Financial proficiency and value chain understanding
- Shopper, customer & customer knowledge in the focus channels of On Premise (direct and indirect) and Grocery
- RGM fundamentals focused on unlocking value in premiumisation
- Builds a healthy and efficient network across major stakeholders to ensure best practice sharing and common learning.
Cultural diversity : Please describe any language, ethnic or culture differences the incumbent faces in the job. List any supervisory or Company spokesperson responsibilities that the role has
- The role needs to impact several levels in the KO System in leadership and operational roles so it has to have the ability of adapting different leadership styles.
- Usually multi-cultural teams in BU, Global account teams, SAF and Bottlers so a great awareness of cultural differences need to be in place.
- Need to build network within the Channel strategy community world wide.
Travel requirements : Indicate the annual percent of time that the job requires overnight travel or day trips. Please include the nature and geographic scope of the travel requirements
- Internal South Africa travel – 20%
- International country visits (trade visits, market review) -20%
Years of Experience: 5-7 Years Experience
How to apply
Please, click here to apply by November 28- 2018.