Uber South Africa is hiring a Marketing Manager.
Local Marketing, Marketing in Johannesburg, South Africa
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the role
A successful marketing strategy is essential to our continued business growth. The Marketing Manager for South Africa will work with a variety of stakeholders to to craft and own the marketing strategy to fuel riders, connect audiences with the magic of the Uber platform, and ensure that the Uber brand is understood, trusted and loved.
They will ensure operational excellence in executions and will be comfortable taking initiative, loves solving problems and will thrive in a fast-paced and growing environment where cross-functional collaboration is paramount.
- Own, develop and execute creative and integrated marketing campaigns from start to finish
- Work on national ATL advertising campaigns and agile PR and experiential ideas
- Own local initiatives and ensure we are always innovating at the local level to build brand love and drive demand. This includes marketing stunts, events, local partnerships local holidays, influencers, field activations and more
- Develop strategic brand and event partnerships that helps in elevating the Uber brand and awareness
- Work closely with campaign, CRM and partnerships to execute and localise all initiatives
- Manage marketing experts and clearly track performance
- Allocate country budget to relevant initiatives and ensure actual spend is in line with target
- Act as central point of contact and ensure that stakeholders are adequately informed of initiatives, progress and reports
- Metric ownership for the region and utilize data-driven decision making to improve the performance of our marketing and promotion efforts
- 3-5 years marketing experience in a startup or agency
- Strong communication skills is a must
- Fluency in english is required
- Strong understanding of South Africa with relevant experience in the country
- Strategic marketing experience, having managed marketing roadmaps and budgets in your organization.
- Demonstrated experience in ATL campaigns, consumer marketing and field marketing
- Experience in guiding innovative initiatives that meet and exceed business goals; critical thinking, excellent analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills: ability to work across teams (Marketing, Operations, PR, Legal) and with third parties (agencies), and to deliver multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Creative solutions driven mindset – You have a « get things done » attitude and willingness to get « in the trenches » to work with our stakeholders to make Uber a better experience for all
How to apply ?
Please, click here to send your resume
Deadline : 30 November 2018.
Uber South Africa is hiring a Marketing Manager