Voluntary Service Overseas is hiring a Regional Fundraising Manager in Pretoria, South Africa.
|Location:||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Salary:||R639,204 per annum|
|Full Time:||40 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date:||2 Jun 2019|
|Interview date:||17 – 22 June 2019|
|Start date:||1 August 2019|
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The Regional Fundraising Manager (Business Pursuit Manager) will be a key part of the senior management team and lead on all fundraising activities in the Southern Africa region and Sierra Leone to identify and grow our country programmes and maximise our impact. As an expert in your field, you will be responsible for optimising income generation and business development from a range of institutional donors (e.g. EU, UN, DFID, USAID etc) in support of VSO’s programmes and regional operations.
Skills, qualifications and experience of the Regional Fundraising Manager (Business Pursuit Manager)
The ideal candidate must have experience in the following ;
- Relevant Qualification
- Experience securing at least £5M in funding
- Experience developing funding strategies and delivering income against targets
- Over 5 years’ experience managing fundraising/business pursuit activities within the international development sector for an INGO or development consulting firm
- Experience of establishing and cultivating strong donor relationships that have delivered substantially increased income
- Experience of proactively building and maintaining effective partnerships both internal and external
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Capability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
- VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
- VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
- If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
- To submit your application, click on ‘Make an application’ and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Décrochez plus d’entretiens de recrutement avec le service de rédaction de CV professionnel et lettre de motivation de notre partenaire TopCV. Commandez votre CV professionnel.